What is a star like, anyway?

Tonight at bedtime after they'd turned out the lights, Kostyn asked Chris to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." Daddy happily obliged. Then Kostyn wanted to sing the same tune by himself. So he did, with one little change.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
how I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond ... "


He paused for a second, then corrected himself:

"...like an octagon in the sky,
twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you aaaaaaaaare."

2 comments:

Maestra said...

Love it!

Reminds me of when a then two year old Little Bear corrected our realtor who tried to tell him that the shower stall in a house we were touring was shaped like a triangle. "That's not a triangle, that's a sector! See the back is cuuuuuuurved. That's a sector."

Robyn said...

For the record, sis, I wouldn't know what a sector was if it poked me in the eye.