I'm alive

People were beginning to wonder, so I thought I'd clear up any confusion. Yep. Still kickin'. I know loved ones have emailed, and sisters have called, and friends have wanted to have lunch with me ... and believe me, I REALLY want to do all those things - and I will, very soon. I just have been working 12-13 hours a day lately, holding down the fort until the assistant features editor starts. Haven't had time for any personal emails, phone calls, or, well, thoughts, really. I even Dream about work. Yuck.

I'm really liking this job, but it's seriously screwing with my mind and body. If I have time for lunch at all, it's around 5 p.m. and it's in the office breakroom, while I continue to edit stories, proof pages and think of all the things I should have done three hours (or three days) ago. That late lunch time would really suck if it weren't for the fact that I don't get home and sit down to dinner til nearly 10 p.m. most nights. And then it's back to work, from home, after that.

Anyway, don't feel bad for me -- I'm having a ball and learning a lot. Just please don't think I'm avoiding or ignoring you ... I'm not (because that would take mental and physical energy that I simply don't have to spare).

Love y'all....

3 comments:

Rick said...

Rock on

Paul said...

12-13 hour days?!? I always knew something wasn't quite right with you. :) Seriously though, if you're diggin the job...kick ass & take names. Regardless, I hope the assistant so and so starts soon. 12-13 hours? After reading your post, I almost felt guilty for taking this past Friday and today off...but not quite. Hang in there, it'll all be over soon (hopefully).

Amy P said...

I'm glad your liking it... sad you have crazy hours... but also secretly happy that someone else is still at work when I am ;) Seriously, glad it's fun and your learning and growing, etc, etc, etc. love ya....