Blocked

I have blogger’s block. My mind is muddled with ideas for things I want to write about but I can’t seem to find the words to write them. Or I can’t figure out the point I’m trying to make. Or it just seems like something I’ve already written, or something that doesn’t really need to be written down and thrown out there for anyone to read. I have photos I want to share but no clever captions to go with them. I have milestones to talk about but I can’t wrap my brain around how to quantify them.

I have blogger’s block. So I sit here, night after night, thinking about how much I miss writing. Which is why I decided to write this, so that I was at least writing something, because honestly I feel more like me when my fingers are tapping on a keyboard. Aaaaahhhh.

So there’s that, at least.

It’ll come back. This weekend we’re going camping, the first trip of the summer. I’m hoping a little crackling-campfire-in-the-woods zen will help me break through the block. I can't wait to wake up and smell the campfire smoke still clinging to my hair (strange as that sounds, I suppose). If nothing else, I'm sure camping with two toddlers will give me something to write about, even if it's just that Oh my God camping with two toddlers is soooo not a good idea. (Let's hope not!)

In the meantime ... Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

We're going camping next weekend with a 7 and 5-year-old. Please....tell me it's all gonna be o.k. ;)