Without further ado

I had another ultrasound yesterday to take a gander at Evan and see whether there is an acceptable amount of "waste" collecting in both of his teeny tiny kidneys. At the last ultrasound, one kidney was much larger than the other one, giving the doctor enough cause for concern to order a second look-see to make sure it was just a developmental glitch and the smaller kidney would eventually catch up.

Long story short: It did. They are now a beautiful — albeit still teeny tiny — pair of equally productive organs. He's healthy as can be in there, all 3 pounds of him squirming and kicking me constantly, and I couldn't be happier (well, except for maybe late at night, when all I want to do is sleep and all he wants to do is break-dance).

I didn't post this immediately upon my return yesterday because we were also given pretty cool 3D images of the little bugger's face and I had every intention of scanning in a few to include with this post. Except for some reason my scanner is not cooperating with my new laptop. So you'll have to trust me when I say he's cute as can be. And he apparently has my mother-in-law's nose, because the tip sort of hooks down in this very distinctive, not-exactly-button-nose kind of way. It's funny, seeing just this glimpse of him, and how different he looks from his brother already, makes me all that more eager to meet him! I want to hold him in my arms and take endless digital snapshots of him and then look back and marvel at a year's worth of those pictures and how much his features change and his personality emerges.

I love that he doesn't look just like his brother (gorgeous though that boy is...). I can't wait to see the ways in which his personality and disposition are all "Evan" too. (Hey, maybe he'll be a great sleeper!!!!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's wonderful, Robyn.

Carol said...

Great News! I can't wait to "meet" Evan also. Ya know, you could always take a photo of the ultrasound picture with your digital camera and post it that way, ...hint, hint.

Anonymous said...

So glad tests turned out okay. Great news.