Oh, the irony

Sept. 3 milestone: At 15 months and 1 day old, Kostyn finally sleeps "through the night." (I'm certain it was a fluke.)

So how did his mother spend this miraculous hours-long stretch of blissful silence? Did she get that long-dreamed-about full night's sleep?

No. I stayed up too late watching Sarah Palin's speech on CNN, and then I writhed around on the couch until 3 a.m. with a sudden, raging stomachache (merely coincidental, I'm sure. I don't get that worked up about politics, people).

So, including the two hours of sleep from 6-8 a.m. that Chris, that dear angel, allowed me to get by getting up with KO at 6, I got a whopping five hours of sleep.

What's the average amount of nightly sleep I've gotten since June 2, 2007? Five hours.

There is no justice in parenthood.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Kudos to your for keeping abreast of current affairs, despite the speech from a maligned member of humanity. I couldn't listen to the vitriol. Instead, I've played catch-up on NPR. And I'm still seething. How's that possible?

Anonymous said...

Sad that Obama has wooed you, too. How raising taxes for any family making more than $42,000 a year could sound like a good idea to anyone is beyond me. When you vote for him, this is what will happen. Can your family afford this to happen? Mine can't.

Heather said...

Well, anon, what can I say? These are tough times, and if it wasn't for Bush running our economy into the ground, perhaps such measures need not take place.

Robyn said...

Anon - Can your family afford four more years of a stateside economy crippled by the reported $720 million per day we're spending on a war in Iraq that is doing more harm than good to our standing in the global community? Mine can't.

And, hey, sign your name next time. We're all friends here. I even have Republicans in my own family. ;)

Heather said...

Also, anon, please know the facts before you make sweeping remarks. Obama has some innovative methods to stimulate our economy. Check it out: http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/.

Please stay informed before you sign your soul and the fate of our country away.

Anonymous said...

Rob - We'll keep our fingers crossed that you have another "fluke" very very soon. :)

- Chew & Shannon