You know you're a parent when...


It's not often that the high point in your day is also the absolute low point. Such was the case yesterday when I found myself digging through my son's poopy diaper searching for and, gleefully, finding the three fingernail-sized chunks of royal blue foam he'd bitten off a beer coozie the day before. (A beer coozie I stupidly thought was harmless enough to give him as entertainment in the kitchen while I was making dinner.)

You can't imagine (or maybe you can) the relief to see them there, completely intact, just like the pediatrician on-call the night before had told this frantic mother they would be.

Being a mom to a kid with teeth is a whole new adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this before or after he finished the beer?

Heather said...

Same thing happened to me recently ... HA!

Carol said...

Yep, I can imagine it! Same frantic call and everything, minus the beer bottle. ;) We're still toothless over here, and I'm in no rush to join the chompers. Yet another new level of babyproofing?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning! If Ri's tooth ever pops, I'll be sure to watch out.