Yay me!

The 2006 South Carolina Press Association awards were announced this evening, and I won a second place award for column writing in my paper's circulation size. It was one that I really wanted - I rarely get to write anymore, so I only had 15 or so columns from last year to choose from to enter (you can pick three). And I love column writing. :)

Even better news: Chris won a second place award for editorial writing, and that competition is for everyone in the state, regardless of circulation! So he beat out editorial page editors at papers five times bigger than his. AND he rarely writes editorials (or anything for that matter) -- he only gets to write them a couple times a year, when his editorial page editor goes on vacation.

Just wanted to share my good news. Happy day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. What an accomplishment. we are proud of you both.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome! I'd love to read each of your winning pieces if you can e-mail them!